CYW Unite works in partnership with a whole range of bodies and other organisations lead campaigns which we seek to support. Youth, Community and Play work also have a range of support agencies in the different parts of the UK and Republic of Ireland. This section is a developing and regularly updated set of links to the organisations we think will be of most assistance to you, however we cannot control the content or take responsibility for pages maintained by external providers that may be accessed from this site.
- Churches Community Work Association
- CCWA is a formal network of Churches Together in Britain and Ireland and regularly collaborates with a number of other voluntary organisations active in the community work field.
- Community Development Exchange
- CDX is a UK wide membership organisation for community development. (Previously SCCD)
- Community Development Foundation
- The CDF is a non-departmental public body supported by the Active Community Unit of the Home Office. It's role is to pioneer, study and promote new forms of community development, in order to inform public policy, professional practice and community initiatives.
- Community Matters
- Community Matters is a nationwide federation for community associations and similar organisations with over 1000 member organisations in England, Wales and Scotland.
- Federation for Community Development Learning
- Supporting the development of communities through advancing and promoting community development learning at local, regional and national levels and creating relevant opportunities for good quality training and qualifications.
- Scottish Community Development Centre
- The SCDC is a partnership between the Community Development Foundation and the University of Glasgow. It promotes and supports best practice in community development throughout Scotland with the aim of building stronger and healthier communities.
- Information about Connexions and services provided.
- Connexions Direct
- Connexions Direct offers access to confidential advice, support and information
- Cabinet Office
- UK central government department that covers a wide range of roles
- Office for National Statistics
- Contains a vast range of official UK statistics and information about statistics which can be accessed and downloaded free of charge
- Prime Minister`s Office
- Latest news from No. 10
- YoungGov Website
- A new section on the government's portal www.ukonline.gov.uk. YoungGov will make governmentinformation more accessible and relevant to children and young people.
- Local Government Association
- The national voice for local communities, the LGA speaks for nearly 500 local authorities representing over 50 million people and spending £65 billion a year on local services
- Local Government Information Unit
- Works with affiliate councils and unions to provide policy development and support, information, ideas and examples of best practice
- National Mentoring Network
- Membership organisation providing information, advice, signposting and publications including a newsletter.
- National Mentoring Pilot Project
- The aim of the project is to assess the extent to which the style of mentoring intervention used in the project can improve the learning of pupils involved
Personal Advice Work
- Connexions and Personal Advisers
- Section on the Connexions site giving information about personal advisers
- Institute of Career Guidance
- Set up in 1922 as the Association of Juvenile Employment Officers, the Institute now represents the interests of the entire career guidance community in the UK and is the largest orifessional organisation for the guidance sector
- Formerly the Kids Clubs Network, 4Children is a national charity dedicated to creating opportunities and building futures for children.
- Childcare Link
- For National and local childcare information
- Children and Young People`s Unit
- The CYPU has the task of supporting Ministers as they develop the government`s strategy for children and young people
- Children`s Play Council
- Site offering information, advice and guidance on all aspects of play
- Children`s Play Information Service
- The CPIS is housed at the National Children`s Bureau and provides resources and information on a wide range of issues on children`s play, focusing on 5-14 year olds
- Education and play training organisation based in Swansea
- Fair Play for Children
- Fair Play For Children exists to promote the child`s right to play as contained in Article 31 of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
- Haringey Play Association
- Haringey Play Association aims to give a powerful voice to children`s play, raising awareness and understanding of the fundemental importance of play in a child`s life
- National charity that promotes play for disabled children
- London Play
- London-wide voluntary organisation set up in 1998 to support and co-ordinate out of school play services for children across London
- National Association of Hospital Play Staff
- Charity set up to promote the physical and mental well being of children and young people who are in a hospital, hospice or receiving care at home
- National Centre for Playwork Education - London
- Sprito regional office.
- National Centre for Playwork Education - North East
- Sprito regional Office.
- National Centre for Playwork Education - West Midlands
- Sprito regional playwork unit offering a range of support for play workers
- National Centre for Playwork Education South West
- Sprito regional office.
- National Playing Fields
- The National Playing Feilds Association is the only national organisation which has specific responsibility for acquiring, protecting and improving playing fields, playgrounds and playspace where they are most needed, and for those who most need them
- Play Scotland
- Organisation that campaigns to make the right to play a reality for every child in Scotland
- Play Wales
- Play Wales is funded by the National Assembly for Wales to influence the policy, strategic planning and practice of all agencies and organisations who have an interest in childrens play.
- Playboard is an agency for children`s play in Northern Ireland which works to improve the quality of children`s lives by increasing their opportunity to play
- A site devoted to helping organise and promote Playday - the biggest annual play celebration in the country
- The National Association of Toy and Leisure Libraries is the main body for toy and leisure libraries in the UK
- Playwork Partnerships and Equipe
- Playwork partnerships of organisations website which promotes the cause and importance of children`s play
- Zero 2 Nineteen Magazine
- 0-19 is a monthly magazine aimed at everyone interested in helping children and young people make the most of their lives. From the Community Care stable, 0-19 is packed with practice features, research and in-depth policy analysis, including articles by children and young people on their lives and experiences. Each issue also includes the latest news directly from Sure Start, the Childrens Fund and Connexions.
- Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- UK`s largest independant social research and development charity which supports a wide programme of research and development projects in housing, social care and social policy
- Co-operative web project to provide a `one stop shop` for all public policy initiatives in the UK
- Trades Union Congress
- The TUC - the voice of Britain at work, with 76 member unions representing 6.8 million working people from all walks of life.
ChooseYouth is a coalition of over thirty voluntary youth sector organisations working together to defend youth work and youth services.
- Federation for Detached Youth Work
- Hands on Scotland
HandsOnScotland is an online resource for anybody working with young people. The website provides practical information and techniques on how to respond helpfully to children and young people’s troubling behaviour and offers advice and activities on how to help them flourish.
- Purple Youth
Organisation providing on line resources for professionals working with young people.